1. Medically necessity means . . .
a. Reasonable but not necessary.
b. Necessary but can be avoided this time as the patients condition can be managed without it.
c. Reasonable and necessary for the patient’s condition.
d. All the above
2. In the SOAP format of medical record, what term describes the section of the medical record that describes the patient's current condition in narrative form in the patient's own words?
3. In the SOAP format, Vital signs and measurements, such as weight are documented in which section of the medical record:
4. HITECH stands for?.”
a. Health Information Technicians for Economic and Clinical Health
b. Health Information Technology for Ecology and Clinical Health
c. Health Information Technology
d. Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health
5. The benefits of the meaningful use of EHRs include::
a. Complete and accurate information.
b. Better access to information
c. Patient empowerment.
d. All of the above
6. The prefix “aden-“ means:
7. The prefix “aphth-“ means:
8. A Bronchoscopy is:
a. A visual examination of the bronchous
b. Excision of bronchous
c. Anomaly of bronchous
d. An instrument used to examine the bronchous
9. A patient has a history of HIV and now diagnosed with Kaposi's sarcoma. How should this be coded?
a. Code AIDS and Kaposi's sarcoma because Kaposi's sarcoma is complication of HIV
b. Code HIV and Kaposi's Sarcoma
c.Code only AIDS
d.Code only Kaposi's Sarcoma
10. A physician diagnosed a patient with radial fracture. An x-ray report says distal radial fracture.Can documentation in X-ray report be used for more specific coding?
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. D 6. C 7. D 8. A 9. A 10. A
11. C 12. B 13. A 14. A 15. C 16. B 17. C 18. A 19. A 20. D
21. A 22. D 23. B 24. A 25. B 26. A 27. D 28. D 29. D 30. C
31. D 32. A 33. C 34. B 35. B
Tags:medical coding sample test, medical coding practice exams, certified professional coder practice exam, practice medical coding test